Obtaining the PID of a domain's QEMU process from C

Hello all,

I'm currently writing a C program that uses the libvirt API and I need a way to obtain the pid of a given domain's QEMU process.

Specifically, I'm writing an ivshmem server that uses SO_PEERCRED to get the pid of clients that connect to it, and I would like to use that pid to look up the domain in libvirt to determine the proper domain ID to return to the client.

As far as I can tell, libvirt doesn't expose this information in an easy to access manner. Of course it is possible to call `ps` and grep for the information I'm looking for, but I was hoping for a cleaner solution.

If anybody knows how to do this, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn