Workaround for "internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported" problem?

Hello World,

We were hit by the "internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported" problem. Is there a workaround for it (for which revert works)? Another format perhaps?

Our use case: We have an image (Win10, UEFI) with some software installed. This image is used by Jenkins to execute some tests. After the tests, the image should be reverted to the original state. Jenkins uses the libvirt plugin to connect to and start/stop and revert the virtual machines. The images are in qcow2 format.

We've usually created a snapshot of the base state using "virsh snapshot-create-as" on the host system, but this is no longer possible.

What is the recommended workaround?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                             sternenfeuer@xxxxxxxxx

Gordon's Law:
If you think you have the solution, the question was poorly phrased.