Re: Unable to configure libxl's memory management parameters

On 11/27/18 4:25 AM, Mathieu Tarral wrote:
Hi !

I'm trying to get a working installation of Xen 4.11 from source, with Libvirt.

I managed to compile, install and boot on Xen so far.
But when I start the libvirt daemon, it fails with the following error:

info : libvirt version: 4.1.0, package: 5.fc28 (Fedora Project, 2018-08-23-19:00:58, buildvm-19
error : libxlDriverConfigNew:1644 : Unable to configure libxl's memory management parameters
error : virStateInitialize:775 : Initialization of LIBXL state driver failed: no error
error : daemonRunStateInit:837 : Driver state initialization failed

So there are 2 things here:
- why libvirt is unable to configure Libxl ? where should i look for any clues ?

This generally means you are missing some xen services in dom0, e.g. xenstored, xen-init-dom0, etc. xencommons.service generally handles starting all of the necessary services. Did xencommons.service start successfully? Before attempting to start libvirt you should ensure the xen tools are working properly. E.g. I suspect 'xl list' is not behaving well either.

- "Initialization of LIBXL state driver failed: no error" it looks like a bug in Libvirt, if it fails, an error message should be reported

Hmm, seems we report an error in libxlDriverConfigNew but never set it for use in virStateInitialize. I'll add this issue to my task list.

Regards,
Jim