Re: Xen via libvirt

On 10/29/18 12:26 PM, Minjun Hong wrote:
Hello.
I want to use libvirt for toolstack of Xen (not XenServer) to set up Openstack system but,
I'm new to libvirt so, I had some troubles on installing libvirt.

I downloaded the source code, build and installed it, following here (https://libvirt.org/compiling.html). However, when I type a command (# virsh 'xen:///system' list) to check if libvirt has been installed successfully,
I can see an error message:

    error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
    error: internal error: libxenlight state driver is not active

It sounds like the libvirt libxl driver failed to load. Are there any related messages from libvirtd in your syslog or hints in /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log?

Regards,
Jim