This QEMU doesn't support the LSI 53C895A SCSI controller

Hi all,
trying to edit a domain xml to enable an LSI SCSI controller I get the following error:

error: unsupported configuration: This QEMU doesn't support the LSI 53C895A SCSI controller

It is my understanding that the error is raised due to RedHat disabling this controller in its own qemu-kvm builds. This seems an unfortunate decision, as it makes harder to migrate from VMWare (which uses LSI SCSI and SAS adapters) to RH+KVM.

Can anyone elaborate on this decision? It is possible to enable LSI controller support in RedHat 7.x? Should I open a BZ against it?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico