Unsafe migration with copy-storage-all (non shared storage) and writeback cache

Hi list,
I would like to understand if, and why, the --unsafe flag is needed when using --copy-storage-all when migrating guests which uses writeback cache mode.

Background: I want to live migrate guests with writeback cache from host A to host B and these hosts only have local storage (ie: no shared storage at all).

From my understanding, --unsafe should be only required when migrating writeback-enabled guests between two hosts which share non-cluster-aware storage (ie: NFS), but it should not be necessary when not sharing storage.

However, when trying to migrate from a CentOS6 host to a CentOS7 machine with command

[root@source ~]# virsh migrate Totem --live --copy-storage-all --persistent --verbose qemu+ssh://root@172.31.255.11/system

I have the following error:
error: Unsafe migration: Migration may lead to data corruption if disks use cache != none

So, my questions are:

1) it is safe to do a live migration with --copy-storage-all when guests are using writeback cache mode?

2) if so, why libvirt complains about that?

3) if not, what is the best method to migrate a running quest using writeback cache mode?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico