high memory guest issues - virsh start and QEMU_JOB_WAIT_TIME

Hi all,

In IRC last night Dan helpfully confirmed my analysis of an issue we are seeing attempting to launch high memory KVM guests backed by hugepages...

In this case the guests have 240GB of memory allocated from two host NUMA nodes to two guest NUMA nodes. The trouble is that allocating the hugepage backed qemu process seems to take longer than the 30s QEMU_JOB_WAIT_TIME and so libvirt then most unhelpfully kills the barely spawned guest. Dan said there was currently no workaround available so I'm now looking at building a custom libvirt which sets QEMU_JOB_WAIT_TIME=60s.

I have two related questions:
1) will this change have any untoward side-effects?
2) if not, then is there any reason not to change it in master until a better solution comes along (or possibly better, alter qemuDomainObjBeginJobInternal to give a domain start job a little longer compared to other jobs)?

--
Cheers,
~Blairo