Re: virt-p2v - Windows 10 guest hangs at boot after successful P2V

Rich,

I got this resolved by making sure that the P2V Windows 10 image's CPU signature matches that as the host system.

Thank you in advance,
JT

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 09:17:47AM -0600, JT Edwards wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I successfully virt-p2v'ed a Windows 10 laptop to my Centos 7.3 instance
> running KVM. However, on boot, the guest hangs. Is there a registry fix
> that is needed after the P2V is done? Here is what is in the guest's
> logfile:

We don't normally check this mailing list for virt-p2v problems which
is why I didn't see this message before.

If you are still having issues, then you'll need to find the full
debug logs, post them on a web server somewhere else, and send a
message pointing to them to libguestfs@xxxxxxxxxx.  (See also
http://libguestfs.org/virt-p2v.1.html#how-virt-p2v-works )

Rich.