Re: internal snapshot question

On Sat, Sep 03, 2016 at 03:07:37PM +0800, vrms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I take an internal snapshot (VM is 'shutdown' when taking it) of a qcow2 image like this:

  $ qemu-img snapshot -c sn1 [my_image].qcow2

I see that snapshot when asking for:

  $ qemu-img info [my_image].qcow

Firstly, you are doing this behind libvirt's back, so libvirt will most
likely not know about that snapshot.

but do NOT see it with:

  $ virsh domblklist [my_domain]

Well, what would you expect to see there?  Have a look at the man page,
virsh(1) says:

domblklist domain [--inactive] [--details]
   Print a table showing the brief information of all block devices associated with
   domain. If --inactive is specified, query the block devices that will be used on
   the next boot, rather than those currently in use by a running domain. If
   --details is specified, disk type and device value will also be printed. Other
   contexts that require a block device name (such as domblkinfo or snapshot-create
   for disk snapshots) will accept either target or unique source names printed by
   this command.

is that how it is meant to be?

Well, yeah (if the above is really what you wanted to run)...