Use libvirt to create an NIC on the guest machine and connect to an existing TAP interface

Hello,

I am facing the following issue.

I have several TAP interfaces that are created by the following method on OpenVSwitch:

ovs-vsctl add-br br1

sudo /usr/sbin/tunctl -t tap01 -p -u root

sudo /sbin/ip link set tap01 up

# Disable multicast
sudo /sbin/ifconfig tap01 -multicast

ovs-vsctl add-port br1 tap01

I need to launch a qemu VMs and have its NIC card that is created using libvirt  to be connected to tap01 or other taps that are created with the above method.

I need a way that libvirt only creates the new NIC on either eth0 or eht1 on the guest machine and connect it to tap01.

Please help me in the best way to do so whether using the C++ APIs that libvirt provides or use the domain and/or network XMLs to achieve this.

Thanks a lot
Marina