Re: Facing problems while connecting virsh to XenServer 6.5 to import VMs to RHEV / oVirt

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your response.

Any roadmap to include the drivers for XenServer in libvirt?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

On Wednesday 17 August 2016 05:12 PM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 09:50:58PM +0530, Anantha Raghava wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to import couple of important Virtual Machines from XenServer
6.5 (from downloaded from xenserver.org) into RHEV / oVirt environment. When
I used the RHEV / oVirt Import Wizard, I was facing the issues. In order to
check further, I attempted to use virsh -c ssh://root@<xenhost> command to
connect and check but received the same set of errors as in RHEV / oVirt
Wizard.
You're virsh URI doesn't specify what driver to connect to - just using
'ssh' on its own is not valid.

In any case, we do not have any driver for libvirt that works with
XenServer, so trying virsh is pointless. Whatever RHEV is doing
with XenServer, it doesn't involve libvirt

I am able to connect to xen server 6.5 using ssh command without password
and even "sudo -u vdsm ssh root@<xenhost>" also works without any issues. To
dig further I, on xen server, disabled the firewall and set SELinux to
disabled and I am finding that libvirt is unable to connect to hypervisor.

I have attached the libvirt client logs for your reference.

Can someone help me to debug this and import the VMs from Xen Server 6.5 to
RHEV / oVirt? We cannot recreate these Virtual Machines as these are
critical ones and rebuilding will be a herculean task.
You should take this to the ovirt mailing lists, or contact customer
support assuming you have a RHEV support  subscription.

Regards,
Daniel