Re: Guest Agent and API Relationship

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 01:08:54PM -0500, David Ashley wrote:
All -

I have looked everywhere I can think of (except the C code) to see if I
can find the
relationship of an API to the guest agent. What I want to know is
whether or not a
given API has a dependency on the guest agent being available. I know
that some
of the APIs now have such a dependency but there does not seem to be an
indicator in the documentation for when this is the case. Nor is there any
comprehensive list of APIs that have a dependency on the guest agent.

Any help would be useful.

I'm sorry to say, that I don't know about any either.  And I don't think
there will be a comprehensive list of that unless it is done
automatically.  The dependencies change both ways and unless there's a
commit hook (highly unlikely) or a (syntax-)check for that (still
unlikely, I guess) I wouldn't depend on such list.

Having said that, doxygen's graph could be a little helpful.  Also AFAIK
the documentation could say whether the guest agent is needed or not.
If it's not mentioned, that could be fixed in no time.

Martin

Thanks,
W. David Ashley