Blockpull behavior when interrupted

Hello,

I use snapshot-create-as followed by blockpull when creating external snapshots
of VMs. This works well, however I am curious about the behavior of blockpull
after an unexpected shutdown (or SIGKILL). If a blockpull is in progress and an
unexpected power loss occurs, will the VM continue to reference the backing file
for the parts of it that have not yet been copied? Or, will will the disk image
no longer be usable?

Thanks,

Andrew