Re: Windows guest and virtio serial port

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:39:48AM +0300, Tadas wrote:
I'm not sure, if it's correct mailing list to post this problem to.

I'm having problems with Windows guest and virtio serial port.
According to this manual:
http://www.spice-space.org/page/Whiteboard/AgentProtocol
I should get a named pipe on my guest VM after I create VirtIO sedial
device and spicevmc channel.
This works without any problems on Linux guest:

ls /dev/virtio-ports/
com.redhat.spice.0

But on Windows guest I can see no such pipe:

I have no idea how that should look like in Win guest.  My guess is that
you have installed all the drivers that are needed, right?  In that case
it might be some bug in QEMU.  Although it seems more likely that
drivers are missing (or buggy).