Re: virsh and disable interface

On 04/28/2016 06:32 PM, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
According to http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Debian.2FUbuntu_Bridging
May be I have to do "ifdown eth0"
How can I define, edit or other task live?

I don't use Ubuntu or debian, so I can't say if this works properly for them, but on RHEL-based distros (those that use ifcfg files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts) you can make all of the modifications to the config while the ethernet interface is still up, then run "ifup eth0; ifup br0" on a single commandline (or maybe it's "ifup br0; ifup eth0", I forget the proper order) - the old config of eth0 (which has an IP address) will be replaced with the new (which doesn't have an IP address and is attached to br0) and the bridge will be brought up. Although there will be a short loss of network connectivity, it will last for only a very small fraction of a second, so won't be noticed by any applications.