Re: Configuring default network/storage for qemu:///session

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> There's nothing in libvirt which auto-creates such resources by default.
>
> IIRC, it is probably virt-manager and/or GNOME Boxes applications which
> are creating them.

Ah, in this case it's virt-install, quite right. My mistake.

Still, then, what would be best way to have some initial configuration
for qemu:///session?

The configuration in question is two networks, to use bridges that are
set up on this system to be usable unprivileged with qemu-bridge-helper.

Since I can't control, and don't want to try to control, what
libvirt-consuming applications are run by the user, that method is out.

So is there some way I can put the configuration in /etc/skel and have
the UUID be autogenerated?
Or am I going to have to write a script to be run on user-creation, to
generate new UUIDs for each new user?
Or does it not matter that all the network resources under the different
users have the same UUIDs?

Thanks.