Re: Error after failed external snapshot.

Apparently it had nothing to do with the failed commit. After restarting the guest, I could do the snapshot and the active block commit. But… I can’t do it two times after each other without restarting the guest…

Any clues?

Van: Dominique Ramaekers
Verzonden: donderdag 21 januari 2016 8:20
Aan: libvirt-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Error after failed external snapshot.

Hi,

I use this procedure to backup my VM’s: http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit

It works on my current host:

Compiled against library: libvirt 1.2.16

Using library: libvirt 1.2.16

Gebruikte API: QEMU 1.2.16

Draaiende hypervisor: QEMU 2.1.0

Now I’m doing a test on a testing host:

Compiled against library: libvirt 1.2.21

Using library: libvirt 1.2.21

Gebruikte API: QEMU 1.2.21

Draaiende hypervisor: QEMU 2.5.0

The first time, the active block commit failed because the block action was stuck on 100% and I got this error:

     ‘block copy still active: disk 'vda' not ready for pivot yet’

I did a ‘virsh blockjob PCVIRT1 vda –abort’ and started ‘virsh blockcommit PCVIRT1 vda --active --verbose –pivot’ again. This way, the external snapshot was commited ok.

Now I get this error when I want to create an external snapshot:

fout: internal error: kan QEMU commando 'transaction' niet uitvoeren: The feature 'snapshot' is not enabled

I can’t find a lot of information about this. Some help will be appreciated.

Greetings,

Dominique.