Re: Unable to retrieve Guest IP Addresses via libvirt API

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 07:31:57PM +0000, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville wrote:
Hi ,

Despite the fact that my Guest has an IP address , by running  this piece of code on a KVM host :

    ifaces_count = F_virDomainInterfaceAddresses(domain, &ifaces,VIR_DOMAIN_INTERFACE_ADDRESSES_SRC_LEASE, NULL);
    ifaces_count = F_virDomainInterfaceAddresses(domain, &ifaces,VIR_DOMAIN_INTERFACE_ADDRESSES_SRC_AGENT, NULL);

I'm not able to get a  ifaces_count  different from -1

Additionnaly :
-  IP Addresses are not present within the xmldesc of this Guest.(not sure that they should appear there)

I'm running libvirt-1.2.17-13.el7.x86_64

Did I misunderstood something ?

As ovirt manager shows the address correctly , it should be possible to get it via libvirt ...

Can you get them using virsh domifaddr?  If yes, look at the code virsh
uses.  If not, then it might be ovirt's workaround using their agent for
older qemu/libvirt/something combinations.

Thanks for help.

J.P. Ribeauville

P: +33.(0).1.47.17.20.49
.
Puteaux 3 Etage 5  Bureau 4

jpribeauville@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jpribeauville@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.axway.com<http://www.axway.com/>

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.