Re: selective virsh host permissions

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 01:10:15PM -0400, Jamie Fargen wrote:
As a Systems Administrator, I would like to grant permissions to a certain
VM using unix groups. In this example there is a hypervisor with VMs
A,B,C,D and there is a group called fortadmins. The solution I am searching
forI would just allow fortadmins to use libvirt/virsh commands on VM D.

Does libvirt/virsh provide any way to easily accomplish this goal?

There are ACLs for that and libvirt has currently a polkit driver.  So
if you have and are using PolicyKit, you are only few steps away from
setting this whole thing up.  There are various links that might help
you with it:

 https://libvirt.org/acl.html
 https://libvirt.org/aclpolkit.html

Then there is an example rule file in our git tree that was recently
enhanced:

 https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob_plain;f=examples/polkit/libvirt-acl.rules;hb=HEAD

HTH,
Martin