Standalone KVM boot from USB ?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a solution so I can boot a HyperVisor from USB which I
can manage through Foreman and also Manually if needed.

ESXi can do so, but I'm looking for an opensource solution.

KVM would be best but I wonder if there is a way to create some sort
of live environment where only KVM settings are written to the USB
disk and not that much logging and so on.

Has anyone an idea about some persistent USBkey setup or so ?

Ideas are very welcome!

Thanks,

Matt