Re: oddity with lxc-enter-namespace

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 06:30:13PM +0200, Thierry Parmentelat wrote:
Hello

The latest attempts that I made on fedora21 all gave me the same result
I have tried
. vanilla rpm from f21 (1.2.9 IIRC)
. 1.2.14
. 1.2.13
. 1.2.12
these three ones I rebuilt from the source rpm published by libvirt

All x86_64 RPMs are available here: ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/ no need
to rebuild them.

eventually I reworked my own tools to enter the container via ssh, so this is not an immediate concern to me any longer but it is definitely odd

This is better in more ways than just a workaround for this.  For
example if you have some restriction on the processes inside that
container (e.g. using cpuset cgroup) , lxc-enter-namespace will not
take that into account.

I currently use 1.2.12 because neither 1.2.13 nor 1.2.14 would accept to start any lxc container in my environment
I can do further tests based on that setup if it can be helpful

Not even start?  What's the XML you are using?

thanks — Thierry