Re: virsh snapshot-create persistent through destroy(undefine)

Hi,Eric

Thank you very much for the information

On Jan 28, 2015 1:51 AM, "Eric Blake" <eblake@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/27/2015 03:10 AM, Yitao Jiang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If i take a snapshot of a qcow2 image backed domain via virsh
> snapshot-create domainID and I shutdown the machine (and probably destroy
> the domain if virsh list still shows it running), and then undeinfed the
> domain  will that snapshot still exist and be active when I define and
> start the domain back up?

Shutdown/destroy does not lose track of snapshot information.  Undefine
does; but it only loses track of the metadata; the snapshot data still
exists, and you could re-create it with virsh snapshot-create --redefine
after the domain is redefined, if you want to still revert to that state.

--
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266