Re: missing backend for pool type 5 (iscsi)

On 10.01.2015 11:42, Mathieu Bouillaguet wrote:
Hi,

I try to define an iscsi pool with virsh but I always get the following
error :

error :internal error: missing backend for pool type 5 (iscsi)

And yet libvirt was compiled with iscsi support :
configure: Storage Drivers
configure:
configure:      Dir: yes
configure:       FS: yes
configure:    NetFS: yes
configure:      LVM: yes
configure:    iSCSI: yes
configure:     SCSI: yes
configure:    mpath: yes
configure:     Disk: yes
configure:      RBD: no
configure: Sheepdog: no
configure:  Gluster: no
configure:      ZFS: no

And virsh report that iscsi is supported :

virsh -V
Virsh command line tool of libvirt 1.2.11
See web site at http://libvirt.org/

Compiled with support for:
Hyperviseurs : QEMU/KVM LXC UML OpenVZ VMWare VirtualBox ESX Test
Réseau : Remote Network Bridging Interface udev Nwfilter VirtualPort
Stockage : Dir Disk Filesystem SCSI Multipath iSCSI LVM
Divers : Daemon Nodedev Secrets Debug Readline Modular

Any idea what's going on ?

I guess the daemon with iSCSI enabled is not running? It's nice that virsh supports iSCSI, but the actual work with that is done by the daemon. So make sure you run the daemon which was built by the configure & make you've shown above.

Michal