Libvirt to return the ip address instead of the hostname during migration

Hi all,

We are working on nova live-migration using Ceph and trying to work around the problem where vm migration fails if name resolution is not enabled in a cluster. See the link,

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Host_Configuration_and_Guest_Installation_Guide/App_Migration_Address.html

We have managed to work around this by setting the flag to include “VIR_MIGRATE_TUNNELLED”.
However, it is noticebaly slower than non tunnelled.

We were hoping that setting the listen_addr would get libvirt to return the listen_addr rather than the hostname but virGetHostname in libvirt/src/util/virutil.c doesn’t have access to the config structure.

I was wondering if libvirt can be patched in a way to return the ip address of the destination instead of the hostname during migration?

Regards,
Yagmur Akbulut