Re: Using virsh blockcopy -- what's it supposed to accomplish?

On 12/23/14 2:08 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 12/23/2014 11:35 AM, Gary R Hook wrote:
On 12/22/14 4:50 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 12/22/2014 03:27 PM, Gary R Hook wrote:
I am experimenting with the blockcopy command, and after figuring out
how to integrate qemu-nbd, nbd-client and
dumpxml/undefine/blockcopy/define/et. al. I have one remaining question:

What's the point?

Among other uses, live storage migration.

There is so very much to say here, but I will endeavor to be brief and
to the point.  Please note that I am working with libvirt 1.2.2, as
stated in my OP. And up front; I'm pretty sure I'm missing data points
and working from a position of ignorance and unreasonable expectation.

Did you mean for this to go to the list?  Usually, having discussions
like this in public archives will benefit more people, and allow others
to chime in.

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/want-help-dont-email-me-directly/

Dang, dang, dang, dang, dang. Yes, of course I did. *sigh*. Will resend to the list. Please ignore.

--
Gary R Hook
Senior Kernel Engineer