Re: virsh net-start default fails

On 07.10.2014 20:53, David Roundy wrote:
Hi all,

I'm getting an error, and have failed to succeed in googling for help
with it.  I have an old VM that I created a while back (at least one
reboot ago, possibly a kernel upgrade ago), and am now finding that it
won't start due to a lack of the 'default' network.

When I look for how to fix this, everyone seems to agree on the command:

# virsh net-start default
error: failed to get network 'default'
error: An error occurred, but the cause is unknown

But this fails.  A natural next check would be to use net-list:

# virsh net-list --all
Name                 State      Autostart

Which demonstrates that the 'default' network is unknown.  I'm certain
that it used to exist, and the file

/var/lib/libvirt/network/default.xml

This is the runtime XML of the network which means the network is already running. Maybe turning on the debug logs will shed more light into this.

  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs

Michal