[help] Does "virsh blockpull" works on live virtual machine

Hi all,
I have a kvm virtual machine running (qemu version 2.0), and I had took several external snapshots of the disk( using "virsh snapshot-create-as"). Now, the existed disk files relationship look like: base <- snap1 <-snap2 <- current using disk file. Now I want to remove snap1 and snap2, and let current disk using the base image file as back file directly. Unfortunately, for some reason, I can not shutdown the vm, and exectue the "virsh blockpull" command. Can I execute the "virsh blockpull" while the vm is power on, and the application in the vm is not affected?
Thanks very much!
Daniel