Re: Disk and Network Statistics for a Specific Interval

On 09.07.2014 15:23, Eric Blake wrote:
On 07/09/2014 05:28 AM, Sijo Jose wrote:
Hi,
virDomainInterfaceStats - This function returns network interface stats for
interfaces attached to the domain.

virDomainBlockStats- This function returns block device (disk) stats for
block devices attached to the domain.

Based on which time interval these function returns values.

Is it cumulative from the vms uptime..?
OR average ...?

Cumulative.

How can I get the average statistics of Disk and Network for a specific
time interval say time x to time y ..?

Call it twice in a row, subtract the two numbers, and divide by the time
between the two calls.

Just a side node, This question is being asked more and more frequently. Is there something we can do about it, e.g. a demo under examples/ ?

Michal