Re: qemu-kvm version for CentOS

On 07/06/2014 01:23 PM, jayunit100@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> Centos is not going to generally have the cutting edge stuff. For that why not try fedora which will generally package with the newest libraries from various packages, including qemu .
>
> I think the current fedora repos have qemu 2.1

qemu 2.1 is not released yet, but yes, rawhide (and therefore the
fedora-virt-preview repo on Fedora 20) are currently shipping qemu
2.1-rc0 (and soon rc1). Note that 2.1-rc0 has a bug that prevents
libvirt from using qemu properly, which upstream qemu hopes to have
fixed in time for the actual 2.1 release.

>> On Jul 6, 2014, at 10:01 AM, kerwin <piaoyuankui@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> WHY CentOS still using qemu-kvm 0.12?

Because CentOS borrows from RHEL, and the engineers at Red Hat have
determined that enterprise stability is worth backporting thousands of
carefully vetted patches rather than rebasing potentially unstable code
that picks up even more unaudited upstream commits.

If you need newer code but still with assurances of enterprise quality
performed by Red Hat, then consider using RHEL 7.0 (and CentOS 7 can't
be too far behind...)