Re: memoryStats question

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 04:31:46PM +0300, Gleb Voronich wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to get memory usage statistic inside a guest machine using
virDomainMemoryStats function at libvirt.
According to
http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainMemoryStatTags the
structure could have a lot of useful memory statistic but the amount of
parameters depends on the hypervisor and the driver.
However using KVM I'm able to get VIR_DOMAIN_MEMORY_STAT_ACTUAL_BALLOON
and VIR_DOMAIN_MEMORY_STAT_RSS only.

QEMU/KVM only supports these two IIRC.

Am I right it is not possible to get additional info such as used/unused
memory inside a guest machine in case of KVM?

Yes.  Actually reporting some data from *inside* the domain is not
what libvirt aims to provide.

Martin