Re: converted VMDK disk iamge and Virtio driver

virt-v2v is not an option for me as all I have are the VMDK images and
don't have the VMware software to covert to OVA first.

I really don't understand what is going wrong. I also found https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/20511 and that still doesn't
work.  Both /etc/fstab and grub.conf refer to the LABEL and not any
device name.

In the boot process I see it explicitly says it is loading virtio_blk before
the panic.  So it is like that driver just doesn't see the disk.  The
host machine is a CentOS 6 box.  Is it possible the virtio in the libvirt
for CentOS/RHEL6 is not compatiable with the virtio_blk driver in CentOS/RHEL5? Either that, or something else getting loaded is causing interference?

-- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)