Re: LIbvirt Python Snapshot -Domain Crashing

Martin,
Actually domain doesn't crash, but it state got changed to pause, till the snapshot action got complete.
Its a time consuming process.

so here is my requirement.

I want to take snapshot of a Running Domain on every 3 hours,( at a later point of time It should be possible to revert to the actual domain state when I took the snapshot), I'm using libvirt APIs python bindings,
there are many  flags defined, so which way I can accomplish it..?
as of now I"m using flag value as zero.

API Call
--------------
snp1=domain1.snapshotCreateXML(snp_xml,0)

virDomainSnapshotCreateFlags

enum virDomainSnapshotCreateFlags {
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_REDEFINE = 1
Restore or alter metadata
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CURRENT = 2
With redefine, make snapshot current
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_NO_METADATA = 4
Make snapshot without remembering it
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_HALT = 8
Stop running guest after snapshot
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_DISK_ONLY = 16
disk snapshot, not system checkpoint
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_REUSE_EXT = 32
reuse any existing external files
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_QUIESCE = 64
use guest agent to quiesce all mounted file systems within the domain
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_ATOMIC = 128
atomically avoid partial changes
VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_LIVE = 256
create the snapshot while the guest is running

-Sijo