Re: [netcf] Why netcf can not rename a existing physical interface dynamically by itself?

OK, thanks, but I think we can use ip command line to rename existing
NIC.

[root@rhel6 ~]# ip link set name jiahu eth1
[root@rhel6 ~]# ifconfig jiahu
jiahu     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1B:21:27:4E:CE
           BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
           RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

[root@rhel6 ~]# ifup jiahu

Determining IP information for jiahu... done.
Neat! That's probably using the same netlink command that's used to
rename it at boot time. However, if you do what you suggest, the name
change won't be persistent across a system reboot.

I still say this is too low level for netcf to be messing with; it was
created to provide a standard way to manipulate the config files, not
mess with the hardware. (Note that it's also possible to change the mac
address of an ethernet device (ip link set $dev address $addr) , but we
don't support that either, and have no plans to do so.)
Good conclusion, thanks again, I agree with you.