Re: --persistent/--config confusion

On 15.01.2014 03:35, Eric Blake wrote:
On 12/29/2013 11:44 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Hi,
I'm wondering how to attach a network device properly to a domain.
According to the man page without "--config" a device created with
"attach-device" will be added to the domain yet with "--config" it will
only be added to the config and only be available after a restart of the
guest.
Is there no way to attach the device immediately *and* also make that
change persistent?

Try combining both --config and --live on the same command line.

I tried --persistent and that seemed to have updated both the running system and the configuration.

Regards,
  Dennis