Re: Questions and a blockpull issue

On 10/23/2012 12:51 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
The qemu side is in qemu.git, and will be released in December as part
of qemu 1.3.  The libvirt side is in libvirt.git, and will be released
in November as part of libvirt 1.0.0.  But you are correct that there
are no released versions that support blockcommit yet.
I think I can survive with blockpull for now. Thanks for confirming :)

For snapshots, that all depends on what you want to do with the snapshot
- if you want to ever revert to the snapshot (and boot from that state),
then quiescing makes sense; but if snapshots is only an intermediate
step as part of a larger sequence of operations and you will then remove
the intermediate files via blockpull and/or blockcommit, then quiescing
is not necessary.
Gotcha!
Thankfully, live snapshot, live block pull, and live block commit have
all been designed to avoid image corruption while qemu continues to run.
This is really awesome. Been waiting for something like this since ages.
Gives libvirt+kvm quite a good competitive edge over its counterparts.
The Fedora wiki currently shows the reverse argument order.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Virt_Live_Snapshots
Thanks for the pointer; I'm updating that page now.
:)