Re: How to start a storage pool using libvirt?

On 2012年06月28日 22:20, Ananth wrote:
I figured out that poolObject.create(0) can start the storage pool. Is
there a way to automatically create the folder, if the folder does not
exist while defining a pool?
for example, if i do pool-define myPool.xml, how can I make it create
the folder if the target path does not exist? Is it necessary that the
path specified in the xml should exist already?

There is API for build the pool. The C level API is virStoragePoolBuild.
I.e. For a persistent pool, there are generally 3 steps to get a new
pool started.

1) define
2) build
3) start

The Python API: virStoragePool.build

For a non-persistent pool, you might want to use virStoragePoolCreateXML, which will create the pool as trasicient,
and start it. Yeah, no build process.

I'm thinking it's desired to introduce a flag for virStoragePoolCreate
and virStoragePoolCreateXML, to allow to build the pool meanwhile.
e.g. "--build" for command "virsh pool-start".

Regards,
Osier
Regards,
Osier