Re: caps->nguests == 0?

On 06/19/2012 02:56 PM, Zhihua Che wrote:
hi,

    I compiled the libvirt-0.9.10 and started the libvirtd with sudo.
Unfortunately, I got an Error, saying 'virDomainDefParseXML unknown OS
type hvm'. I debugged it and found in function
virCapabilitiesSupportsGuestOSType, the parameter caps->nguests is 0.
    On the other hand, I tried start the libvirtd with common user, and
creating domain with virsh, i found the caps->ngusts is 2 and had one
value 'hvm', so it didn't complain the error above, instead, it
complained could not load PC BIOS bios.bin.

I'd say I searched a lot and people say it's caused by without loading
kvm and kvm-intel module. So, I checked and it is loaded. Any tips
here?
Please check libvirtd.log further, if you saw the following similar error:

xxxx : xxxx : error : qemuCapsComputeCmdFlags:1209 : unsupported configuration: this qemu binary requires libvirt to be compiled with yajl xxxx : xxxx : error : virDomainDefParseXML:8312 : internal error No guest options available for arch 'x86_64'

It means you need to install yajl-devel rpm package, for more, you may run './configure -h':

# ./configure -h | grep yajl
--with-yajl use YAJL for JSON parsing/formatting [default=check]

BTW, If you're compiling a current libvirt upstream, you will get a friendly reminder, so suggest to try latest libvirt upstream.