Re: [API reference] Are there XML-handling API to retrieve info directly from xml configure file

On 04/06/2012 01:24 AM, Zhihua Che wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
>     I'm writing a application using libvirt and need to query guest
> os's virtual network interface usage, like bytes read or written
> through a given interface. I know int
> virDomainInterfaceStats(virDomainPtr dom, const char * path,
> 		virDomainInterfaceStatsPtr stats,  size_t size) is designed for my
> purpose but I 'm not sure how I determine the second parameter path.
> I'm now think of determining the virtual interface by parsing the
> domain's xml configure file.
> But I don't find that libvirt  supply such functions, that means, I
> have to resort to other library lik libxml?

You may be interested in the libvirt-glib project, which includes the
libvirt-gconfig subpackage to provide an API on top of libvirt for more
convenient access into domain XML:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-announce/2012-March/msg00004.html

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-919-301-3266