Re: Constantly changing USB product ID

Quoting Jaap Winius <jwinius@xxxxxxx>:

Another useful solution (certainly for me) would be the ability to pass-through any USB device that is attached to a certain physical bus/device number to the guest domain. But, I don't know that this is possible either.

Okay, I think I've come up with a workaround for this problem. I'm still trying to get this to work, since there are some bugs, but the idea is to make use of the motherboard's IOMMU and use PCI passthrough to attach one of the USB controllers to the guest domain. Then that wretched USB device can flip its product ID all it wants and the system will continue to work.

Cheers,

Jaap