qemu-monitor-command

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a grad school project for virtual introspection.  I have a vm running (with 512mb of memory) and want to access the pmemsave function through virsh with the qemu-monitor-command.  I am typing the following:

virsh qemu-monitor-command --hmp Shawn ‘pmemsave 0 536870912 image.dump’

Shawn is the name of my vm and image.dump is the name of my output file.  No matter what I do, I keep getting: Could not open ‘image.dump’

I have tried the above with sudo and with the absolute path of where the newly created dump file should go and I still get that error.  Any help is appreciated as to how I should enter this command.

If I type in virsh qemu-monitor-command --hmp Shawn ‘info mem’ or any other command without an output path, it works fine and brings up information about my running vm.

Regards,

Shawn