Re: Using libvirt with a preexisting network infrastructure

On 07/29/2011 07:19 AM, Vegard Vesterheim wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:15:09 +0100 Tom Hughes<tom@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

- virt-manager should offer the bridges as options when you
create an interface and you just select the one you want.
I do not see my bridges as options in virt-manager, but when configuring
a network device for a VM, I can select "Specify shared device name" and
manually enter the name of an existing bridge device.

It would be nice if virt-manager could present a menu of existing
devices, or alternatively, that one could define a network in libvirt
which simply refers to the preexisting bridge,

Done, and done. You just don't have a new enough version of virt-manager (for the first) or libvirt (for the second).