Re: Is libvirt supported on Citrix Xenserver?

2011/7/19 sharmila radha krishnan <sharmilaradhakrishnan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,
 I was finally able to connect to the xenapi hypervisor.  However, once I connect to virsh and give a 'quit' command I get  "* glibc detected *** virsh: double free or corruption (fasttop):". Please find below the actual memory dump.

I looked at the XenAPI driver and found a double-free problem, based on the minimal stacktrace glibc provided. Here's a patch for this. I'd be glad if you could test it, as I don't have a XenAPI setup at hand.

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-July/msg01543.html

Note: I have disabled the SSL certificate verification in xenapi_driver.c by setting curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0) & curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0).

No need to edit the code for this. You can pass the no_verify option in the connection URI to achieve this

  virsh -c xenapi://localhost/?no_verify=1

 Moreover, Iam not able to start any VMs uisng xencenter after i have started using virsh. It says,  Error: Starting VM 'XenServer SDK 5.6.100-47101p import' - Internal error: another frontend device is already connected to this domain (frontend (domid=0 | kind=vbd | devid=51712); backend (domid=0 | kind=vbd | devid=51712)). Even a reboot of the machine didnt help.

Sorry, I've no idea what the problem could be here.

Matthias

Any pointers on the above 2 issues would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Sharmila