Re: Booting from scsi [SOLVED]

Fixed.
Changing the domain type from qemu to kvm fixes this

On Fri, 13 May 2011, bhasker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

I am starting up to use libvirt with virsh and virt-install. I used
virt-install successfully and have a running linux system with raw disk exported to the virtual machine as scsi. (the whole of qemu + libvirt + virtmanager is compiled and installed on /usr/local from source)

After the virtual OS installation (which succeeds) I am not able to boot into the OS from the harddisk. Following are some excerpts from my xml file. Please get back to me if you need any more information

 <os>
   <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-0.14'>hvm</type>
   <boot dev='hd'/>
   <bootmenu enable='yes'/>
 </os>

I also tried removing the boot parametes from <os> and added
<boot order='1'/> in the scsi disk section. Still I am not able to use the scsi disk to boot (my qemu-system-x86_64 however has the boot=on option)

   <disk type='block' device='disk'>
     <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
     <source dev='/dev/venkatb1/deb'/>
     <target dev='sda' bus='scsi'/>
     <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' unit='0'/>
   </disk>

I could not find any more information or any posts where someone else had faced this issue. I presume I am doing something wrong here.
Can someone help please ?

thanks

Bhasker C V