Re: port forwarding

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:41:11AM -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 04/28/2011 09:15 AM, Ireneusz Szcześniak wrote:

> >I would like to reach the VM on a specific port of the host
> >machine. Once the machinces are running, I can configure iptables
> >so that the port forwarding works, but after host reboots, other
> >rules are inserted (put in front of my rules), which disable my
> >rules. I guess these rules are put by libvirt, and so I'm writing
> >to this list.
>
> Yes, these rules are put in by libvirt.
>
> The iptables rules added by libvirt for virtual networks are
> intended to fulfill the needs of 95% of users, but are not
> configurable. To do what you want, you'll either need to construct
> your own bridge (rather than relying on libvirt) and do all the
> iptables and routing config outside of libvirt, or you may be able
> to use libvirt execution hooks to add the rules at the appropriate
> time. See: http://www.libvirt.org/hooks.html for details on libvirt
> hook scripts.

> >ACCEPT all -- anywhere 192.168.122.0/24 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED

If all you need to do is change that one rule to "NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED"
iptables has an option to replace a rule. Sorry I don't have the syntax at
my fingertips, but it should be simple enough to modify the rule on system
startup after libvirt has built the initial ruleset, perhaps in rc.local.

Whit