USB2 passthrough

Hi,

I am trying to get a USB device working on a Windows 7 virtual machine, and it needs USB2 to work, so the USB passthrough does not work. I have searched for an answer and either the answer is so obvious I am being thick, or too complicated for anyone to address it.

Can I simply do a PCI passthrough of a USB host controller? Would that then give me a whole load of USB2 ports I could connect to my computer? I would have to find out which port was connected to which controller, but surely it can't be that simple?

Thanks,

Marco

--
Marco van Beek