Re: Beware! Newbie is in town

On 15/03/11 09:08, kadir yüceer wrote:
2011/3/15 Berend Dekens <berend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It looks to me like you don't have libvirt set up properly as the ".so"
file is a library which should be available in a system default location.

Well I downloaded libvirt-0.8.8.tar.gz and run ./configure; make; install successfully. And I'm logged in as root(always). Is there something else that I should do, except adding jna.jar and the jar file within libvirt-java-0.4.7.tar.gz to the libraries section of my java project? I'm trying to run the sample code test.java on http://libvirt.org/java.html.
The fact that virsh throws the same error means you can leave the Java bit for now and focus on virsh instead: as long as that does not work, the Java bindings will not either.

On a side note: you might want to use your distributions package manage to install libvirt so all the files end up in the correct paths. My guess is that you currently install files into the wrong location.

Regards,
Berend Dekens