Migrating existing debian system to KVM/libvirt

I have a dying machine running debian etch that acts as a web/mail server that I would like to virtualize using debian/kvm/libvirt. Is it as simple as removing the hard-disk (multiple ext2/ext3 partitions) from the dying machine into my newer server and then writing a custom xml config file? Is there a tutorial on doing this somewhere?

Thanks.
Randy