Python API and events, how to deal with libvirtd stop/start

Hi list,

I'm using the Python API to check for libvirt events. Works well, but when libvirtd is restarted, or stopped completely, the events are no longer seen. I guess this is logical, but how would I deal with this situation ?

I can re-open the connection to libvirt and re-register the callbacks, but this does not work. If I call virEventLoopPureRegister() again, the app crashes with a glibc error.

Any ideas ? You can reproduce this by using the event-test.py supplied with libvirt. Fire it up, restart libvirtd and see what happens when you start or stop a domain for example.

Many thanks for any pointers.

- Jasper