Re: Question about building libvirt.so

> Libvirt can't tell you what the guest is running.  For that, you need
> higher-level software, such as libguestfs.  virt-manager is an example
> of a program that uses libguestfs to probe which OS is running in the guest.

Awesome! you guys are of so much help. And sorry for top posting.

Ran into something else today, why are calls like

a) virConnectListAllNetworks(...)
b) virConnectListAllStoragePools(...)

return "not supported by connection driver". I am running ESX with libvirt-1.2.1. But I can use

a) virConnectListStoragePools(...)
b) virConnectListNetworks(...)

without any problems. Do you guys think I have libvirt configured incorrectly at my end?

Thanks,
Vik.

[Please don't top-post on technical lists]

--
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266