Re: Finding Primary or Bootable disk

Hi Daniel

I think I was'nt posted my question correctly, here is my senario I have a virtual machine with 3 drives

vda, vdb, sda

I want to hide the DELETE button against the primary disk of virtual machine, that was my question how to determine which is the primary disk of the VM.

Br.

Umar

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 01:02:10AM +0500, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working with php-libvirt,
>
> How I can find the primary or bootable disk device of a virtual machine?

This can be determined from the XML config. Either there will be a
<boot dev='cdrom|disk|floppy'> device type listed under <os> in which
case it'll use the first matching devices of that type, or there will
be explicit <boot order="NNN"/> ordering listed under the specific device

Daniel
--
|: http://berrange.com      -o-    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org              -o-             http://virt-manager.org :|